Saturday, April 16, 2011

Jordan with some Bedouin influence

I know this blog post is long past due but it is because I  had a problem uploading my pictures onto my computer. However this problem has been fixed because I just realized that I have an sd slot for my sd card on my computer... something I wish I would have known about 3 months ago. We returned form Jordan not too long ago and it was definitely a highlight of the Jerusalem experience. Of course it was no Galilee or Egypt but it was pretty cool and I thoroughly enjoyed it. We stayed there 3 nights and 4 days. The highlights of the trip were: Petra of course, royal tombs, hikes up rigorous mountains, park-our all over Jordan but mostly Petra, running to every site to assure that we got the most out of the experience, the monastery (tomb of Aretas the 4th), good food, royal suites, and best of all good company. Oh and we also had some sauna and Jacuzzi time at the hotel in Amman.

This here is the treasury. One might notice this particular tomb carving in a famous movie.  

This is the monastery, another tomb of an unknown important man. This fine structure can be found about an hour or so (if your walking) from the treasury.  We were able to go inside this tomb but then found out it was not allowed and had to get out. It was awesome though. 

This is right outside the royal tombs looking out across the canyon where the Nabateans once inhabited this rocky terrain. 

This is on our way up to the "High Place". I'm pretty sure this was the halfway point. There were a bunch of rock altars,  so we added to this wonderful scene by building our own. Those are the people that I hiked up with. It was such a fun hike and the weather was pristine. 

Not really sure about this one just thought that it was cool that someone carved this into the rock on top of the "High Place". 

Here we are on top of the high place after a treacherous hike. I snagged a shot while the others were taking a small breather. The view was quite wonderful.

Royal Tombs at Petra. 

I love the Shwarmas here. This is a shwarma shop located in Amman, not far from our hotel. 

we call this the "man grab" at the JC. This is one of many head carvings in the musuem at the Amman Citadel. 

 This is at the largest roman theater in the Middle East.  Standing next to me is Chelsea Jackson, one of the gems here at the JC, with some sweet dudes from Amman who wanted to jump into the picture. 

On our way back from Jordan we got to stop at the Jordan River and  have a little devotional.  It was really cool to be able to read the account of Christ's baptism here. So sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment