Thursday, April 21, 2011

Shalom Out Yis'rael!

 This will be my final post from Jerusalem to end the experience of a lifetime. As I have been thinking over the past few days and looking back on the experiences I have had this semester it almost seems fairytale-ish or a dream from which I don't want to wake. It truly has been a once in a lifetime experience that has changed me forever.  I have seen and walked the sites where Christ walked, healed, preached and blessed. I studied his words where he preached them and felt his love where he expressed and showed it to his disciples. I have experienced more than I deserve and have learned much from the holy sites, friends at the JC, the scriptures, the natives, exceptional professors, and from the wonderful example of Jesus Christ. Israel has become a part of me, it has sunken deep into my soul and will never be rooted out. O, Jerusalem I will never forget thee! Here are some pictures to recap the good times that were had in this blessed land.
Palm Sunday March. It was so cool to see the thousands of people who came to Jerusalem to celebrate the triumphal entry and the last week of Christ's life. 
Weirdest thing I have done in awhile.... float in the Dead Sea. The craziest phenomenon. I loved bobbing but be careful not to get the salt in your mouth or eyes, it stings like crazy. 

Dome of the Rock

My sanctuary in the Old City, the Western Wall. 

Old City Street!

Herodian Palace. One of my favorite pictures.

Sunset Club at its finest. Never has the sun had such devout fans. 

Pyramids!

At the finish line of the first marathon in Jerusalem. I  only ran the 4.2 k but it was still fun and totally worth it. 

Little Sabrina at Ein Gedi. She is a doll. I am going to miss her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment