Sunday, November 13, 2011

Geocaching

Geocaching... what is it? I am not really sure. Its kind of like a world wide scavenger hunt. People all around the world hide caches (usually a small box) with some random goodies. Once placed they log the gps coordinates of the cache on the geocache website. Once it is logged anyone can get online, type in the coordinates and be on their way of finding some interesting treasure. 
I first heard of Geocaching from a friend a year ago. It seemed like something I would be interested in, but never really gave it a second thought. However, since then I have geocached several times. Yesterday, my friend from P-town, Idaho came down to Provo to take a break from the small town. We thought geocaching would cool so we went up rock canyon and began searching for geocaches. We attempted to find four but ended up only finding one. Sometimes the gps on my phone is not all that accurate. There is something about finding something in the wilderness that makes you feel like a man. This is called geocaching. 

No comments:

Post a Comment