Saturday, September 17, 2011

The Climb


Okay so last weekend we decided to veer from the natural routine of watching a movie Friday night and, instead, prepared ourselves to hike Mount Timp. Word on the street is if you haven’t climbed this Mountain, you aren’t a true human. Therefore we climbed it. We didn’t just climb it, however. We climbed it in the middle of the night in hopes to see the sun rise from its hiding place while chilling on the summit. And that is exactly what we did.
This little venture was exhausting and mentally tiring. I found myself stranded on a random glacier, soaked by hidden water holes, separated from the group, and at a dead end of multiple trails.  Nevertheless, I did make it to the top and was able to see the beautiful sun rise from the east.  It was worth the climb most definitely. It is one of those things I am glad I did but will probably never do it again, at least not for awhile.  

No comments:

Post a Comment