Thursday, September 8, 2011

This Semester's New Hobby

Who knew that Labor Day could bring a BYU student so much joy, not only for a day, but for many days to come? Maybe you do, I don't know. All I know is I have found a new interest that caught my attention faster than I can download an app on my Iphone 4. So what is this new interest that occupies my mind in class, at home, or during leisure time? Yes, you guessed it, Rock Climbing.  
Monday aka Labor Day, My brother and I took a small journey up American Fork Canyon to try our hand at rock climbing. He had been a couple times before and I was a complete novice. Also, he had never lead a climb before, so this was a first for both of us. The climb was great.  There is something about climbing that brings the man out of a person. Maybe its the strain on your muscles or the adrenaline that pumps through your veins when you are about to slip or can't figure out where to place your foot next, whatever it was, was awesome. So if you want to take a break from school, become a man, or connect with nature, rock climbing is one way to do so!


No comments:

Post a Comment